Sunday 3 January 2010

Flat White

So, eventually, I have made it to the Flat White. It lays in the midst of the hustle and bustle of Soho market on Berwick Street, full of unconcerned youths stamping the feet to catchy New Zealand funk. On Saturday afternoon it was very busy, despite it's tiny size.

Verdict?
This place rocks. In a unimitable Kiwi way, that assumes that you have been brought up in an endless sunshine, taught serenity and wisdom by ocean itself and just flow through life, not taking too much too serious.
You will be forgiven for thinking that this all is just a post-Christmas philosophy, but for me it is how their coffee tastes( and looks). Immaculate silky foam, colour of angels wings down, almost peachy brown, and white lily drawn on the surface.



It is creamy and smooth, unmistakable sign of a match made in heaven - espresso and full fat milk. I am very impressed with quality and consistancy of execution (not just my flatty, but every latte and cappuccino that caught my eye, had some kind of drawing on the top). I will be taking here my friends for a coffee or just come to unwind on my own, after exhausting search for Dover Street Market, that after five years of residence in this splendid city I still fail to locate.


This is one of the pics I found on Internet, its Tokyo branch of Dean&Deluca, that took latte art to totally new level, I wish I could go there to work for a week. They don't even have to pay me, just let me drink their divine coffee.



Hey, Dean, hey Deluca, take me on! Ple-e-e-a-a-az-z-z-z-z!

No comments:

Post a Comment