Friday 6 November 2009

Symphony of flavours



Somehow, everytime I taste coffee, some music piece spings into my mind, usually of classical nature(I have a soft spot for good old stuff).

Whilst single origins I tend to associate with solo instrumental pieces, e.g. cello, piano, sax, multi-regional blends bring to my mind golden orchestra standards with its poliphonics and layers and layers of tembre.

Whenever I have Sumatra or Sulawesi, Beethoven's sonatas are blasting in my head. Colombia is early Mozart, crisp, clear and playful, like a spring in the forest.


House Blend - is Tchaikovsky's "Flower Valse" from "Sleeping Beauty" and Guatemala Antigua - guitar flamenco, played on the streets of Barcelona.
Arabian Mocha Sanani, although being a single origin coffee, is so intense and almost intoxicating, winelike, that it reminds me of Wagner's creations, heavy and fierce.


None of our line up is Chopin for me... I am searching for the brilliance and versatility of flavour, fragility and delicacy of aroma and unbearable lightness and meloncholy in the cup.... Something slightly sad, but life assuring and impossibly pleasant. Shall I find this perfection?


PS. When I drink tea, it's always about Rachmaninoff! Tea drinking is very traditional Russian pastime and Rachmaninoff's concerts, heavily indulged in Russian folk music, are sheer delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment