Wednesday 10 February 2010

Costa Disappointment

So, fellas, yesterday, I did went to Costa shop eventually to try some of their Flat White. I always find their boards a bit too ambitious and a tad intimidating - "Try it now. Love it forever." - I guess they do the job.
The branch where I tried it is on Lower Regents Street. Obviously, I will have to go to few more branches to decide whether they live up to the expectations, however, after my initial visit, it'll be next to impossible to convince me that they are actually doing well.

Service was rather hesitant, the guy in the till wasn't talking at all, apart from to his colleague. I felt ignored. And then he produced a drink... I can't really call it Flat White. It was a cappuccino, overairated and without any attempt of rosetta or heart or elsesuch. I was so shocked that I forgot to ask for my money back.  

The flavour profile was good, it was creamy and pleasant, and went really well with their biscotto, but I still find it disgraceful that barista didn't even attempt to draw something on the top and that he served it with a steady hand. It means for me that for Costa it is good enough. Well, fellas, if it is true, we are on a safe side.
PS. I didn't take picture, unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment