Saturday 5 December 2009

Share your love

I dreamt about doing a post on latte art for a long time, especially because I know at least three people, who can do it quite effortlessly (including me as a potential Latte Van Gogh since I tried it so many times and never succeeded, however I just know I can).

However, latte art being a skill that equals piano playing in its grace, poshness and complexity and involving as much fidgety hand movements, is difficult to come by. Every so often by struck of luck some divine symbol appears on the silky surface of the cappuccino, sheer beauty that makes angels sing. Only to be totally ignored by the customer or worse just to be hidden under plastic shroud of a lid.  

And when I asked people (Devesh and Irina*) to create something on demand so I could take couple of pics, they got very nervous, self-conscious and started blaming jars for being too big, milk for not frothing and shop being too busy for such delicate operation. 

Well, I got what I got. Still very nice :-)




* Irina makes fantastic leaves and flowers, not to mention hearts, her art has most contrast and definition due to micro bubbles in perfectly steamed milk. She is just a genius with a jar and wonderful barista! 

No comments:

Post a Comment