Tuesday 8 December 2009

Revelation

In a fit of clearing up the cupboards in the kitchen, which happens every now and again to "clear energy flow" in my flat and subsequently to change the life's direction to bright and happy future, I found this tea. It was bought for my birthday (I think) by my then fiance (or fiancee - where is the dictionary?).



It is pure magic. It floats on the surface, when you just pour water in, opens up like a flower and slowly and nonchalantly descends to the bottom of the glass. In my pictures it rather looks like a huge spider or octopus, because there is not enough space for it to spread its glorious leaves, still the whole thing never fails to impress me.







It transports me to that delightful place, where people live properly. You know what I am talking about - the place consisting of landscapes and rituals, picked from different epoch and cultures without any reference to historical chronology or geographical accuracy. Where dusk is rosy and filled with the songs of a nightingale, people wear crinolines (all my childhood I was dyeing for one!), high powdered wigs with galleons on the top, have coffee ceremonies with macaroons in caramel lace baskets, listen to Mozart and don’t EVER hurry. Ever.




Where the toilets are located in rose bushes, equipped with pencils and paper to write occasional verse (I trace that one down to my early memory, when my parents bought some raspberry bushes to plant in the garden and left them for few days in the bucket in the toilet – total bliss!). And where it rains when you want it to, so you can indulge in some melancholy and sweet sorrow.
Don’t call it utopia; I am sure this place exists. It just takes looking.

PS. I just noticed that the tea is expired, actually. It says on the bag - June 2009. But I think tea can not expire, can it? It is ethereal. It tastes very nice and so delicate that you stop short of thinking that you are drinking boiled water. Sublime! 

No comments:

Post a Comment