Thursday 4 March 2010

Magic instant

Here are some rather poetical pics from my recent outing "Love Ball" which was held in Roundhouse in Camden Town on 23d of February. "Love Bal" is an annual fundraising event of Naked Heart Foundation, charity founded and run by Russian supermodel Natalia Vodianova, who through her astonishingly successful career in modelling escaped poverty and miseries layed out for her. Having had married an English arisrocrat Justin Portman and earned quite few million herself, Natalia decided to bring some joy into Russian children's lives and build many playground around Russia and now UK. Her charity balls attract cream of the cream of fashion and art world and Love Ball was a very beautyful occasion indeed. (Sorry for picture quality - I did  them on wrong setting, oh well, :-()

The reason I brought the whole thing up though is that I have spent the whole day In Roundhouse and since there were no coffee machine around I had to drink some of the instant coffee provided for the crew. Now, I really can't remember when I had a cup of instant coffee last time, but when I had I knew I didn't like it. There is something very wrong with the word instant for me - it assumes that the whole ritual of preparing coffee - from the moment when aroma of just opened bag of beans fills the room to manual grinding and 4min brewing, pouring thick syropy liquid into one's favourite cup and slowly sipping it on the terrace, greeting first rays of the sun, spilling their gold on the green fields of Nairobi (dream on, kid). All this is reduced to a "instant"! What a disgrace!

And of course, when I first heard that Starbucks will be launching its brand of "instant" coffee, I felt betrayed and very sceptical. Until I tried it.
And I have to tell you, fellas

IT'S FANTASTIC!!!

It's not your french press, it does take away the joy of brewing your own, but I you happend to be somewhere far from home or Starbucks shop - it's just miracle! I can't explain the science behind this ground-breaking innovation, however, it works. The cup tastes amazing!  
Smooth and very sweet marshmellowy on the nose, it packs some punch on the taste buds - mediun bodied, with clean acidity and hint of lemon in the aftertaste - it delivers like your old Colunbia Shuttle brewed cup.
You don't believe me? Try for yourself!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment